Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Close Call

# 11 - posted by Abel

from an anonymous URL:

Maybe I’m getting close or maybe someone’s just being pre-emptive. Last night while trying to follow a lead the shit hit the fan. Thank God it was unusually quiet. I just happen to look up and saw a glint of light on top of one of the smaller buildings. Then I heard it, a safety clicking off. Barely had time to duck as a bullet grazed my shoulder. I ran for cover into the nearest alley when I heard the motorcycles, two of them. I was being hunted. A sniper on the high ground and two hunters street level, part of being a warrior is knowing when to fight and when to perform a tactical retreat.

With a sniper overhead open ground is the last place you want to be so I stayed close to the building walls. Those fucking motorcycles were a big problem, they can go almost anywhere. Sure enough one of them found me. That’s when I stepped it up a notch.
Pepper spray and pepper balls are all the self-defense rage right now. They’re ok if all you want to do is get away. I use what I like to call my little pouches of persuasion. Think little cotton cloth pouches filled with my own special blend of crushed glass and salt! Some people are resistant to red pepper, no-one is immune to having their eyes and lungs shredded by glass shards. The salt is a personal touch.

One was all I needed. He was at the end of the alley and I hit him right in the face. He screamed and slammed into a wall before spilling out. The cycle behind him tried to weave but no luck. He crashed into him and neither of them got up.
I was still wary of the sniper so I high-tailed it out of there. It’s nice to know my work is being admired.

I guess the bullet didn't exactly graze me.

- Vigil

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit CountersRank Noodle
music by incompetech.com