Friday, May 15, 2009

The meaning of Vigil


As I sit here recovering...lost in my thoughts I've come to realize that what I represent is more than just a crime fighter. A couple of days ago I was in my wheelchair getting some items from the grocery store, when I saw a man pull a gun on the cashier. Of course the cashier was scared and I couldn't really do anything. But I could tell the robber was henchman of Crimson by the red mark he had on his clothing. Just when I thought he was going to get away, four men (other shoppers I guess) jumped the guy all at the same time. "Victory for Vigil" they said as they held him down. And as the cops came and took the robber away, I realized then, that I'm not just a vigilante. I am light in the night, something that represents the greater good. Just when you think its all over, there's still a fighting chance.
I know now more than ever...that I have to, somehow, get out of this chair. If ordinary citizens still believe in me, why can't I believe in myself. Stephanie...I won't let you down. The days of the sadistic acts of Crimson are numbered. I will be that light in the night...a light for the people of Capital City...especially when all other lights have gone out.

Look for my return very soon.

Vigil

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I love comebacks!! I love that people are good at heart though you know? Yea, there's bad people out in the world but I think deep down everyone's good, or atleast the good WAY outweighs the bad, and it's nice to know that it doesn't always take a superhero to save the day!

    I'm glad this is motivation to get back up and go! Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Virgil has been quiet for nearly 3 months now. Thanks to that dweeb putting his nose where it doesn't belong, I know first hand what he's going through. Thanks to him, I had to learn to walk again, I know how it is to struggle to tend to one's own basic needs.

    Perhaps his spirit is finally broken? By the likes of Crimson, no less. Nothing more than a prankster. He seems to be keeping a low profile now as well. Maybe the coast is clear for some real action. Something grand. Something even more insidious than TxDOT and it's toll roads!

    I doubt Virgil's chair is your standard issued medical supply wheelchair. Even so, no matter how tricked out that buggy is, he's at a disadvantage. I swear I'll do my best to make sure he never gets out of that chair alive!

    The best part is, he'll never even see me coming.

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit CountersRank Noodle
music by incompetech.com